Thursday, May 5, 2016

Mama Bear

     I read a meme the other day that said, “I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children, I will break out a level of crazy that will make your nightmares seem like a happy place.” Truer words have never been spoken – I think my mom wrote it. Do NOT mess with my mom’s kids. – aka, me and my sister. There is a reason that there is the phrase “mama bear” in our society. She provides a level of protection that is uncontested. She will fight tooth and claw to the death to protect what she loves which are her cubs. Have you seen “The Revenant?” Just saying. Mama bear is a perfect way to describe my mom. My mom, above all, is a protector, hard worker and extremely loving.      
     Teddy Roosevelt once said “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”My mother would do anything for us, and I mean anything, to make sure we were taken care of and given the necessities of life. She is one of the hardest working people I know. Growing up, she worked nine to five during the day and was on parent duty at night. I’m sure she was always tired but she never showed it. She was always putting in 110% at work and at home. We were her world and she did everything she could to make it the best world possible. We didn’t live in a mansion and we didn’t drive a Rolls. But we lived the high life. We always had a clean house, a home cooked meal made with love and clothes on our backs.    
     After work, my mom would come home and get to work on the house, laundry, dinner, family and animals. Bonnie Oscarson once said a mother is “One who can create an environment of refuge, LOVE, safety, order, nurturing, learning, encouragement and HOLINESS. Somewhat an expert in medicine, psychology, religion, fashion, teaching, music, CULINARY arts, literature, finance, decorating art, hairstyling, sports, MANNERS, chauffeuring and so much more.” My mom, by definition, was a home maker. She MADE our home.
     Finally, and probably the most important thing my mom has done is LOVE me. If there is something in the world that she knows would make me happy, she does everything in her power to make it happen. If my sister and I are happy, my mom is happy. My mom did it all with love and she still does. I hope she knows what a great mother she is. She will always be the best one to me.



-Long Rifle

No comments:

Post a Comment